Predictive maintenance (PdM) is type of preventive maintenance performed continuously or at intervals according to the requirements to diagnose and monitor a condition or system.
Objective of PdM
Predictive maintenance (PdM) is a condition based technique used to manage the maintenance of high-cost equipment that experiences extremely low failure rates.
The main objective of predictive maintenance (PdM) is to reduce lost production caused by failures and increase overall profit.
PdM Philosophy employs these techniques
- Pareto Analysis - number of Failures
- Forecasting Total Maintenance Cost using Exp SMG
- Breakdown Analysis Using Up Time and Downtime Hrs
- Forecasting Time Between Failures Using Exp SMG
Major Steps in PdM
- Motor Testing
- Oil Analysis
- Power Quality
Business Benefits of PdM
- Eliminate unnecessary maintenance
- Reduce repair parts inventory
- Increase process efficiency
- Improve product quality
- Extend the operating life of plant systems
- Increase production capacity
- Reduce overall maintenance cost