The main objective of Preventive Maintenance is to prevent the failure of equipment before it actually occurs.
Preventive maintenance is a schedule of planned maintenance for cost-effective treatments to an existing system that preserves the system, retards future deterioration, and maintains or improves the functional condition of the system.
Goal of the Preventive Maintenance
- To avoid the consequences of failure of equipment
- Preventive maintenance is designed to preserve and enhance equipment reliability by replacing worn components before they actually fail
Major Steps in Preventive Maintenance
- Equipment checks
- Diagnostics activity
- Partial or complete overhauls at specified periods
Asset Analytix Models for Preventive Maintenance Analysis
- Optimal PM interval using Weibull Distribution
Business Benefits of Preventive Maintenance
- Reduces the cost of ownership by early interventions and corrective measures before the costly major failures
- Improved system reliability
- Decreased cost of replacement
- Decreased system downtime